Introduction to digital marketing:
Digital Marketing can be defined as promoting of brands or products and services using all forms of digital advertising. Digital marketing uses Television, Radio, Internet, mobile and any form of digital media to reach customers in a timely, relevant, personal and cost-effective manner.
Ways to do digital marketing:
1. Search Engine Optimization
3. Email Marketing (factors such as subject line, quality, and personalization are matters)
4. Social Media Marketing
5. Digital Display Marketing
6. Mobile Marketing
7. Content Marketing (It also includes blogs, eBooks, webinars, White papers and a variety of other outlets.)
8. Traditional Marketing Methods
Strategies and their Introduction:
1. Search Engine Optimization (SEO):
SEO helps to make a website to be founded in Search Engine Results Page (SERP) for desired Keywords. SEO helps to build a brand.
Process: Measurable link-building and the creation of quality viral content are respectable marketing processes that work.
SEO’s return on investment (ROI) fluctuates as PPC (see below) rises and falls, and organic search results are more trusted than paid advertising.
That’s why SEO is more worthwhile over time. This includes:
• Keyword Analysis
• On page optimization (optimizing a website in page level)
• Off page optimization (building quality back links to web site and to web pages)
• Building authority for brand terms (This includes company profiles in major Social networks)
• Website health checkups (checking technical issues)
• Analytics Reports (Provides how our campaigns are working by seeing traffic)
PPC helps to get traffic from Search Engines for targeted keyword terms. The benefit of this process is that, we are going to pay only for the clicks that we have received.
Google AdWords is the most popular PPC program.
Strategy: Identifying converting keywords, effective bidding process to keep the costs low etc…
PPC marketing provides instant results because it generates visitors quickly and also lets you measure your budget and ROI appropriately. Becoming well-versed in Google AdWords helps your company take full advantage of the potential benefits of PPC marketing.
3. Email Marketing:
Email Marketing is most traditional form of digital marketing, yet it gives exceptional results if we can personalize every email.
Important things to consider:
Step 1: gathering email IDs list. (Offering something like a PDF, eBook etc… , at our website, can be helpful to gather recipients email IDs.)
Step 2: A service like Aweber.com, mailchimp.com can be handy for instant reply messages and managing newsletter campaigns.
Step 3: Personalization is very important for a successful email campaigns. Personalization should be in Subject line, Body of the Message.
And the factors like catchy “Subject line” and “brief message” motivates the recipient to visit the targeted page.
News Letters: They are a wonderful way to engage with our community by sending weekly or monthly newsletters.
4. Social Media Marketing:
Social Media is the most and the very cost effective digital marketing strategy to engage with existing customers and to build a brand name across different Social Media communities.
First, define your goals. What are you trying to get out of social media?
Strategy: This starts with identifying right channels for the type of business we are in.
Step 1: creating business profiles on Social Networks: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ & Pinterest
Step 2: using photo sharing services like Flicker, Instagram etc…
using video sharing services like YouTube, Vimeo etc…
using PPTs sharing service like SlideShare…
using PDF sharing services like Scribd.com, SlideShare.com etc…
Step 3: Starting activities which represents your company business sector.
Step 4: Building a community at these third party Social Sites.
Step 5: Develop an editorial calendar to plan when posts go up, or manage your social media content stream through a platform such as Hoot suite.
5. Digital Display marketing:
• This includes paid advertisements (mostly image banner ads and video ads) on websites, portals, blogs which related to our industry.
• This works well because the pages displaying these advertisements are conveying something throughout their website, which is our business industry. So, the rate of converses is good in this process.
• With this display marketing we can raise traffic from the ad providing site and thus we might gain some leads with conversion rate strategies.
6. Mobile Marketing:
Before going to start this campaign we need to be sure that can we offer our services which can be accessible through mobile phones? If yes, then optimize your site for mobile phones.
• Optimizing website for mobile is important.
Mobile marketing includes… mobile search, content presentation (optimized site), display ads (PPC) and mobile compatible emails.
7. Content Marketing:
Content Marketing is a popular trend in digital marketing as it includes blogs, eBooks, webinars, White papers and a variety of other outlets.
All these are signals for freshness of the website. Google likes the sites which updated frequently and provides great deal of info.
The information that we provide should answer some question or show some solutions to a problem. So that it will gain respect and can be shared at online.
Note: This content marketing alone will work with almost all other online marketing campaigns.
8. Traditional Marketing Methods:
Digital marketing not only depends on internet. Apart from that it extends beyond this by including other channels such as mobile phones or cell phones, display banner ads, SMS /mms and digital outdoor etc…
All of these can be effectively used to build a brand name for an organization. Most of these are paid and when we have some campaign regards any public service that we can offer, we can get coverage by the following media for free of cost. In other words, they are earned.
Television: Advertisements (paid)
Radio: Advertisements (paid)
Newspapers: Advertisements (paid) and News created by any activity done by organization (earned).
News created by a program which offers some of the services to public for free (earned)
Magazines: Advertisements (paid)